Our Little Family

Our Little Family
Photos taken by Tammy Chavies Photography

Saturday, October 19, 2013

How did the garage sale go??

We had our garage sale the last 2 days.  It was simply amazing to count the money earned for the adoption and think that YOU, our friends and family, donated items to us for this cause.  We are forever grateful.  We are so glad so many have chosen to partner with us on our adoption journey.  So far we earned just under 700 dollars!!!!   We are still going to try to sell a few of the bigger items that were donated on our own (Entertainment Center, Bow-flex, Dryer, etc).

Logan and I are truly blessed.  We thank the Lord for You!  We had no expectations for the sale but our hearts are overwhelmed with the kindness that people expressed toward us.  So many women stopped by just to shop at the garage sale because it was an adoption garage sale.  I heard so many familiar stories to ours of woman who have struggled with infertility or have adopted themselves.  We have such a peace about our decision to adopt.  A peace I  know can only come from the Lord.  We cannot wait to have our child in our arms, in the Lord's timing.

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." 

We also had our last visit with our social worker on Monday.  It went very well. She did not have too much more to go over with us but had to make a 3rd visit by law.  She is so sweet!   We love her and I pray that she will continue to be a part of our lives even after the adoption is finalized.  She said that she's already started typing up her end of stuff and within a few weeks she hopes to have us Home Study approved!  :)   As she was walking out she reminded us of important things for us to remember like a mom can back out after she has chosen us.  It was good to be reminded of it.  We also pray that that does not happen, but know it would be what's best for the child if it does.   She also said she wouldn't be surprised if we dont have to wait long.  That statement makes my heart happy and then a little fearful. I know we can do it but its so hard not being able to prepare like i'd like to :)  

Thank you.  We truly mean those two words.  We are so thankful for you!  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin! I found your blog while researching adoption agencies. My husband and I are beginning the adoption process again after a small break and we are also using BBAS! I'm so excited to follow along on your adoption journey and I hope you are holding a baby in your arms very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting on my blog! I would love to talk more if you would want. My email address is brianandkaraadoption@gmail.com. You can email me anytime and I would love to swap stories.

    ReplyDelete